Made an amazing tasting extra sharp raw cheddar cheese ball last night! This will be a rad addition to our vegan cheese platter for new years eve!!! YUM
1 1/2 cup raw cashews (soak in water for 4-6 hours)
2 packed tablespoons dry pack sun dried tomatoes (cut into small pieces and soak in water with cashews).
1/4 cup nutritional yeast
1 tablespoon dry sherry
1 heaped tablespoon mellow white miso
(^ if sensitive to soy use chickpea miso)
1 tablespoon raw apple cider vinegar
1 teaspoon sea salt
1 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard powder
1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
1/4 teaspoon turmeric
pinch of cayenne
1/2 cup coconut oil. (we used a solid form)
1) drain water from the cashews & tomatoes - rinse with fresh water & drain well.
2) in a food processor pulse cashews & tomatoes until they start to form a paste.
3) add all of the seasoning - pulse until everything is combined.
4) add coconut oil.
5) process for about 11 - 12 minutes until completely smooth. **no less then 11 minutes in processor - this is important.**
6) line a bowl with plastic wrap and scrap all the cheese in.
7) cover & refrigerate for 6 hours ( i usually make this the night before we will eat it and let it chill over night in fridge)
8) before serving, remove cheese and place on to clean flat surface, start to form a ball and roll on your favor nuts or herbs. we went with sliced almonds. goes well with sharp cheddar.
** you can also use walnuts or pecans with fresh minced thyme, parsley or sage.