this recipe makes about 19 balls.
-2 cups cooked red beans - well drained.
-2 cups COOKED quinoa
-2/3 cup tomato paste
-3/4 cup fresh parsley - chopped
-3 tablespoons bread crumbs
-1 teaspoon dried basil
-1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
-a pinch or two of garlic powder - depending if you like garlic or not ;)
-a pinch of salt & a pinch of black pepper
-1 teaspoon agave nectar
-1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
-19 1/2 inch cubes of vegan cheese (make your own or use daiya cheddar style block or follow your heart mozzarella)
1) in a food processor - mash beans
2) after beans are mashed - add rest of ingredients from above
3) line baking pan with parchment paper and LIGHTLY spray with vegan cooking spray.
pre heat oven to 350
4) take 2 tablespoons of the mixture, place in the palm of your hand, add cheese cube if using and form ball around the cheese. continue this until all mixture is used.
5) place tray with quinoa balls in oven and bake for 30 - 34 minutes
6) take tray out of oven and let balls cool before removing from the tray. the will be easier to move if they sit for a minute or so, if you remove them right from the oven they will break.
7) serve warm