now let me say - buying the ingredients you need, especially if you are starting from nothing, can add up the first time through the check out. after you have the ingredients you need, you will be able to make recipes that last a few weeks and several of them, at that. not to mention, eating plant based meals made from scratch will cut back on anti acids you may need after certain meals. it will also cut back or prevent medical issues (such as cancers, diabetes, high blood pressure, weight gain) that may arise usually from eating animal based products.
now on to the yummy stuff.
chickpea nuggets ingredients:
~1 (15ounce) can of chickpeas - (drained & rinsed)
~1/4 cup virgin olive oil
~1/4 cup low sodium soy sauce
~1/2 cup vegetable broth
~1 & 1/3 cup breadcrumbs (i use "italian herb -organic breadcrumbs)
~1 teaspoon simply organic "chicken" grilling seasoning -as seen here->
~1 teaspoon dried sage
~1 teaspoon fresh thyme (or dried - i had fresh on hand so i used that)
~1 teaspoon smoked paprika
~1 & 1/4 teaspoon lemon
~olive oil for frying.
chickpea nugget directions:
1) in a bowl add 1/4 cup virgin olive oil & the chickpeas. mash with a fork until there are no whole chickpeas.
2) after the chickpeas are mashed well, add the remaining ingredients & knead them together for about 4 minutes until you get a pretty good dough or strings of gluten start to form. if it is really tacky add more breadcrumbs or even some all purpose white flour - use your best judgement on this. - start with a little at a time and go from there if you need to add more.
3) preheat a large thick bottom skillet over low-medium heat
4) with your hands knead a tablespoon size ball into a oval shape & place on parchment paper - continue until all dough is used.
5) when you skillet is hot, add a think layer of the olive oil.
6) place nuggets in pan (as many as you can fit with out them touching) & cook each side for about 3-4 minutes. - cover between flips - add more oil if need. the nuggets are done when they appear lightly browned & firm to the touch. you want a bit crispy on the outside & chewy on the inside.
7) when they are done, allow them to rest for 2-3 minutes before serving.
baked potato fries ingredients:
~2 medium - large organic potatoes ~1 tablespoon olive oil
~crushed black pepper
~garlic salt or even powder will work
baked potato fries directions:
1) pre heat oven to 400 degrees
2) clean potatoes & slice them length wise, making thick slivers.
3) place them in a large bowl, lights coat them with olive oil and add seasoning. toss in bowl so all are covered. then place all the potato wedges on a tin foiled lined baking pan.
4) bake for 35 minutes until tender but firm. - serve
add your favorite dipping side and enjoy!! C:
OH!! don't forget to share with any k9 kids you may have!! ;)